Information for ELFHCC Patients
ELFHCC is now offering COVID-19 testing for current patients at our East Liberty location. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms—such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath—and would like to get tested, please call our office at 412.661.2802. An appointment is required and there are limited slots each day.
If we have reached capacity for the day, you're encouraged to request testing through:
Information for Non-patients
The Allegheny County Health Department—in partnership with Curative, Inc., Argo AI, and the Richard King Mellon Foundation—has made available new COVID-19 testing efforts. Test kits have been distributed to seven Federally Qualified Health Centers in the Pittsburgh area, including East Liberty Family Health Care Center, Metro Community Health Center, North Side Christian Health Center, Pittsburgh Mercy, Primary Care Health Services, Sto-Rox Family Health Center, and Squirrel Hill Health Center.
If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and would like to get tested, here's what you need to know:
- Tests are free, but limited
- You must register in advance at the Allegheny County Health Department site at Allegheny.curativeinc.
- You will be asked a set of questions to determine if you are eligible to receive a test.
- You will select one of the Health Centers, listed above, to go to for testing. ELFHCC will offer test at the East Liberty office only.
- Families must register separately (for example, a couple cannot both be tested under one registration).
- Please do not eat, drink, or smoke for at least 20 minutes before testing. If you have had fluids or food, or smoked within 20 minutes, you will be asked to wait the 20-minute time period.
- You will not be seen by a physician at the appointment. Health Center staff will be on hand to assist registered individuals administer the test.