East Liberty Family Health Care Center's commitment to providing quality healthcare to all patients extends to our laboratory!
Both our East Liberty and Lincoln-Lemington medical offices are certified with the State and Federal Bureaus of Laboratories, and offer an array of lab services, including phlebotomy and Point-Of-Care Testing.
This simply means that we are able to draw blood on site and send those samples to the appropriate laboratory for resulting (Quest, LabCorp, etc.), and also that we are able to process many samples while you wait, so our patients receive as much diagnostic information as possible while they're at their appointment!
Our Point-Of-Care Testing includes:
- Blood sugar
- Blood lead
- Fecal occult blood (screening for Colorectal Cancer)
- Hemoglobin (screening for anemia)
- Hemoglobin A1C (diabetes test)
- INR (for monitoring of therapeutic blood thinners)
- Microscopy (diagnostic view of slides under the microscope)
- Pregnancy test
- Rapid strep test
- Urinalysis (screening for urinary tract infections, and other conditions)
- Urine culture (confirmatory testing for UTI's, and testing for sensitivity to antibiotics)