Since 1982, East Liberty Family Health Care Center has provided high-quality, comprehensive, whole-person health care to all patients, including those who are underinsured, uninsured, and underserved.
From our beginning, the Center has grown substantially, from 1,000 patient visits in a three-room clinic in the basement of Eastminster Presbyterian Church in its first year, to nearly 41,000 patient visits in 2018. We are a full-service health care center with medical offices in three locations: East Liberty, the Hill District, and Lincoln-Lemington.
All of our practitioners are board-certified, and make a long-term commitment to the Center. We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and maintain high-quality standards that are required with that designation. We serve patients of all ages including providing prenatal care for pregnant women. We offer a sliding-fee scale for patients who have no insurance based on income and family size, and translation services for patients who are best served in a language other than English.
Some of the medical services we provide include:
- Adult and Pediatric primary care
- Asthma and diabetes control programs
- Assistance to help patients with no insurance determine eligibility for coverage
- Benefit eligibility assistance
- Care for homeless individuals
- Christ-centered spiritual support
- Counseling services (individual/family)
- Drug and alcohol outreach and relapse prevention
- Hearing and vision screening
- Home bound outreach
- Laboratory Services
- Obstetrics/gynecology services and prenatal care
- Parent/patient/family education
- Pastoral care
- Psychology and counseling services
- Social work
- Translation services
- Urgent medical care (individual and family)
- On-call physician services 24 hours/day
- Same day appointments for urgent concerns