As many of you are aware, Pennsylvania is requiring residents to wear face masks anytime they leave their homes in an attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19. Suitable face masks include a variety of face coverings, such as paper and surgical masks, as well as homemade coverings crafted from scarves, bandannas, and handkerchiefs.
When it comes to protective face makes, it’s important to:
- Wear a mask when you leave your home
- Make sure it’s on properly, covering your nose and mouth
- Make sure you can breathe through it
- Wash your mask after each use
- Wash your hands before and after removing your mask
- Avoid touching the front of your mask
- Continue practicing social distancing
In addition, throughout your daily activities, ELFHCC recommends that you frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer.
For more information and helpful tips on using or creating cloth face masks, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.